Government has taken the following steps to achieve the target of augmentation of coal production capacity:
1. Single Window Clearance System has been launched.
2. Guidelines for procedure and approval of mining plan has been simplified.
3. Auctioning of coal mines for commercial sale of coal started.
4. Regular review and monitoring of allocated coal mines in the past.
5. Holding of Monitoring Committee meetings headed by Secretary (Coal) and concerned Chief Secretary of the state for early operationalisation of coal mines allocated.
6. Improving evacuation efficiency & capacity and construction of new railway lines.
7. Establishment of new washeries to enhance clean coal.
In addition to above, Coal India Limited has taken following specific steps:
- Capacity addition through approval of new & expansion PRs.
- Capacity addition through special dispensation in EC under clause 6(2) of EIA 2006.
- Enhancing capacity through marginal schemes and OC patches.
- Capacity augmentation through deployment of MDO.
- Use of state-of-art technology in OC mines
- Use of Mass Production Technology (MPT) in UG mines wherever feasible.
- All out efforts are being made at all levels for overcoming constraints like possession of non-forest land, diversion of forest land and other statutory clearances.
This information was given by Union Minister of Coal Shri Pralhad Joshi in a written reply in Lok Sabha yesterday.