M/s Tech Mahindra is partnering with world class leading players like M/s SAP, M/s Envision, M/s CISCO, M/s Dell, M/s RTCom and other major players. IPA has hired global consultancy services firm M/s Ernst Young to assist in conceptualizing Port-EBS and support IPA and ports in the implementation of this transformational initiative.
The proposed Enterprise Business System will comprise of three core solution components – Port Operations Solution, standard ERP solutions, and auxiliary solutions, and would tightly integrate with Port Community System (PCS) and other retained applications of ports, Enterprise Business standard processes and shared infrastructure on cloud, making it next generation modern system which will serve ports purpose in coming years. The system would be driven by transparent, simple and error-free business processes, easily measured by clearly defined key performance indicators, use latest technology to achieve strategic business objectives and integrate seamlessly with prevalent systems and devices. The solution proposes a cafeteria approach for ports, which allows them to select the systems that they want to be implemented as per their needs. This model enables a minimal efforts in a seamless manner if new ports opt to join the system in near future.
The Project Implementation and Stabilisation period is 20 months and Operations & Maintenance support is for 5 years.
Thefive major port trusts, viz, Mumbai Port Trust, Kolkata Port Trust, Chennai Port Trust, Deendayal Port Trust and Paradip Port Trust have come together in this collaborative effort towards building a common shared platform for modernization and automation of port processes. The key benefits from the system in Port and Shipping sector include:
- Improve India’s ranking in Ease of doing business
- Enable faster request processing in delivery of services with better turnaround time
- Reduction in manual intervention/documentation required
- Reduction in overall Transaction time and costs
- Improve the efficiency of port operations, quick turn round of vessel and subsequent less dwell time
- Dashboard to ports/MOS for Real Time MIS on cargo/ship movements & Exim transactions
- Simplified and accelerated procedures for cargo entry, exit or transit
- Enhanced transparency across systems