The Public Enterprises Survey -2018-19 was tabled in both the Houses of Parliament today. The Department of Public Enterprises (DPE), Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Government of India brings out the Public Sector Enterprises Surveyon the performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) every year.
As per the Survey 2018-19, there were total 348 CPSEs as on 31st March,2019 out of which 249 were operational. Remaining 86 CPSEs were under construction and 13 CPSEs were under closure or liquidation.
The highlights of the performance of CPSEs, during 2018-19 are given below:
- Total paid up capital in all CPSEs as on 31.3.2019 stood at Rs. 2,75,697crore as compared to Rs. 2,53,977 crore as on 31.3.2018, showing a growth of 8.55%.
- Total financial investment in all CPSEs stood at Rs.16,40,628crore as on 31.3.2019 compared to Rs.14,31,008 crore as on 31.3.2018, recording a growth of 14.65%.
- Capital Employed in all CPSEs stood at Rs. 26,33,956 crore on 31.3.2019 compared to Rs.23,57,913 crore as on 31.3.2018 showing a growth of 11.71 %.
- Total gross revenue from operation of all CPSEs during 2018-19 stood at Rs. 25,43,370 crore compared to Rs. 21,54,774 crore in the previous year showing a growth of 18.03 %.
- Total income of all CPSEs during 2018-19 stood at Rs. 24,40,748 crore compared to Rs. 20,32,001 crore in 2017-18, showing a growth of 20.12%.
- Profit of 178 profit making CPSEs stood at Rs. 1,74,587 crore during 2018-19 compared to Rs. 1,55,931crore in 2017-18 showing a growth in profit by 11.96%.
- Loss of 70 loss making CPSEs stood at Rs.31,635 crore in 2018-19 compared to Rs. 32,180 crore in 2017-18 showing decrease in losses by 1.69 %.
- Overall net profit of operating CPSEs during 2018-19 stood at Rs. 1,42,951 crore as compared to Rs. 1,23,751 crore during 2017-18 showing a growth in overall profit of 15.52%.
- Reserves & Surplus of CPSEs stood at Rs. 9,93,328crore as on 31.03.2019 as compared to Rs. 9,26,906 crore as on 31.03.2018, showing an increase by 7.17%.
- Net worth of all CPSEs went from Rs.11,15,552 crore as on 31.03.2018 to Rs. 12,08,758 crore as on 31.03.2019 showing an increase of 8.36 %.
- Contribution of CPSEs to Central Exchequer by way of excise duty, customs duty, GST, corporate tax, interest on Central Government loans, dividend and other duties and taxes stood at Rs. 3,68,803 crore in 2018-19 as against Rs. 3,52,361 crore in 2017-18, showing an increase of 4.67%.
- Foreign exchange earnings of 79 CPSEs through exports of goods and services stood at Rs. 1,43,377 crore in 2018-19 against Rs. 98,714 crore in 2017-18, showing an increase of 45.24%.
- Foreign exchange expenditure of 144 CPSEs on imports and royalty, know-how, consultancy, interest and other expenditure stood at Rs.6,64,914crore in 2018-19 against Rs. 5,22,256crore in 2017-18 showing an increase of 27.32%.
Performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises during the FY 2018-19
|Overall net profit of 249 Operating CPSEs is Rs. 1,42,951 crore for FY 2018-19||Overall net profit of 258 operating CPSEs is Rs. 1,23,751 crore for FY 2017-18|
|178 Operating CPSEs posted net profit of Rs.1,74,587 crore for FY 2018-19||183 Operating CPSEs posted net profit of Rs.1,55,931 crore for FY 2017-18|
|70 Operating CPSEs posted net loss of Rs. 31,635 crore for FY 2018-19||72 Operating CPSEs posted net loss of Rs. 32,180 crore for FY 2017-18|
|Total Investment in 348 CPSEs stood at Rs.16,40,628 crore as on 31.03.2019||Total Investment in 339 CPSEs stood at Rs.14,31,008 crore as on 31.03.2018|
|Dividend declared/paid by CPSEs during the FY 2018-19 is Rs.71,916 crore||Dividend declared/paid by CPSEs during the FY 2017-18 is Rs.76,014 crore|